the study of the composition and properties of matter, the transformations that matter may undergo, and the energy changes associated with such transformations.
works in industry, government laboratories, hospitals, schools, colleges, universities, police laboratories (forensics), fisheries, agriculture, forestry, mines,….at research, development, control, teaching, etc.
- is a molecular architect, inventing new substances by rational design.
- analyzes and determines the composition of matter
- thinks of the universe in terms of the interaction of atoms and molecules, and tries to understand how reactions occur
- invents new techniques to study the behaviour of matter
- studies the energy consumed or released in reactions and the speed with which they occur
- develops theories and models to help understand and extend knowledge
- works in one or more of the areas of analytical, bio, environmental, inorganic, organic, physical, theoretical, and polymer chemistry
- is a problem solver.